While this blog first began as a journaling experience after my 2nd trimester loss, it has evolved into a spot where I can express my emotions directly to my boys, who I know are watching over me and their family.
The other end I had in view turns out to have been based on a misunderstanding. I thought I could describe a state; make a map of sorrow. Sorrow, however, turns out to be not a state but a process. It needs not a map, but a history...C.S. Lewis
Mommy loves you Robert, and I am so sorry. I miss you so much!!!
I am writing this blog not just as a way to me to give my sorrow its history, but to maybe help those who are going through the same sad journey. If you are reading this and know someone who needs to know they are not alone in their sorrow, please feel free to share it.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Day 1: 15 Interesting Facts
Now, 15 interesting facts about me....
1) I am a true Jersey girl. I was born and lived for the first 10 years in North Jersey. Then my family moved to South Jersey to a city called Vineland (known at the time for growing eggplants). When I went to college, I went back up north to Morristown, and commuted for 3 years to Princeton for a internship. After college my first husband and I settled in East Windsor (Central Jersey), only to move back down south 3 years later.
2) I love dolphins--always have, always will. One of my "bucket list" things was to swim with dolphins, which I finally got to do on my honeymoon last year!
3) I live in a town that is 1 sq mile. Literally, it is 3 streets wide. If I was motivated I could walk to the grocery store, the deli, my oldest daughter's school, and the hospital!
4) My ideal vacation is to go to a beach, sit in a chair and read a book, while my girls play in the sand and water and my husband builds sand sculptures
5) I am a dog person, not a cat person. I have a black lab/newfoundland/ shepard (we think) mix who is 2 years old.
6) I was raised catholic, went to catholic school, but then became a born again christian in my pre-teens. I was extremely bible-thumper christian, and my mission was to save everyone who wasn't christian. Boy, have I changed my views since then. I'm still Christian, but after seeing hypocrisy from too many congregations when my family (or other families) were hurting, I re-evaluated my faith, and my religion, and went back to my roots of Catholicism.
7) I was a medicinal chemist, and worked on making drugs to help with schizophrenia and depression, as well as cancer drugs. I worked at Bristol Myers Squibb as an intern, and for Wyeth Pharmaceuticals (bought out 2 years ago) for 2 or 3 years. I love chemistry.
8) When I was first married and wanted to start a family I realized my career as a chemist wasn't family friendly, and I wasn't happy in that job. So while praying and thinking, I realized I loved teaching---I had been an education major for 1 year in college, and loved every minute of it. So, I contacted my former advisor, and asked about getting my certification. This is my 8th year as a science teacher in NJ. And I love seeing the students' faces every day!
9) If I had known I would become a teacher, I probably would have been a history major instead of a chemistry major. I love history, and read every historical fiction novel I can get my hands on!
10) When I graduated high school, I was going to be a missionary doctor, and be an orthopedic surgeon--haha! All that changed during my first semester of college
11) I have two little girls, one of them looks like my dad's side (blonde and fair), and the other looks like my mom's side (dark curly hair, olive skin, very italian looking)
12) I met my husband while working at the same high school. I was dealing with my marriage that had ended, and he was just starting out and had his own relationship issues. We became friends and figured it was safe because neither one was what we were looking for. I needed time alone, and he wanted a young fresh chick and no kids ;-) he liked his peace and quiet...4 years later, peace and quiet doesn't describe our family at all!
13) I used to play the piano, and wish that I had room to put a piano in our home so that I could play to help me release stress!
14) When I was younger I went to Camp Deer Run on Lake Winnipesaukee in NH. Those were some of the best memories in my teenage summers!)
15) I am a talker and I don't shut up. Well, I did before. Now, while you can't tell from the blog, I don't say much. There's not much to comment on anymore.

Wow, I had no idea teaching was your second career. Awesome. Your folks must be very proud of you. And that is a seriously lovely wedding photo.
ReplyDelete