While this blog first began as a journaling experience after my 2nd trimester loss, it has evolved into a spot where I can express my emotions directly to my boys, who I know are watching over me and their family.
The other end I had in view turns out to have been based on a misunderstanding. I thought I could describe a state; make a map of sorrow. Sorrow, however, turns out to be not a state but a process. It needs not a map, but a history...C.S. Lewis
Mommy loves you Robert, and I am so sorry. I miss you so much!!!
I am writing this blog not just as a way to me to give my sorrow its history, but to maybe help those who are going through the same sad journey. If you are reading this and know someone who needs to know they are not alone in their sorrow, please feel free to share it.
Thursday, July 21, 2011
A year since the first positive test...
It's been a year since your dad and I learned that Robbie was growing and forming inside me. Little did we know how much you boys would teach us, and how much we would change, individually, as a couple, and as a family. Robbie, you would be 4 months old--I saw families on the beach with infants, and wondered if you would be a beach baby, or a poolside baby or both? What would your brother have been? I know you both know, but I won't know for a very long time.
I also saw babies on the rides in ocean city--your sisters would have loved to ride on the rides with you.
But I guess you boys can ride on all the rides you want on your own, can't you? Or at least your great grandparents are busy taking you all sorts of places.
I know I say it often, but I do miss you, and your brother, and wonder everyday what you two would have been like. I don't know if the heartache will ever go away completely.
I just wanted to be able to hold you boys, and rock you to sleep, and cuddle you when you were fussy. To share you boys with your father and sisters and dog...I love you both very much!
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment