While this blog first began as a journaling experience after my 2nd trimester loss, it has evolved into a spot where I can express my emotions directly to my boys, who I know are watching over me and their family.
The other end I had in view turns out to have been based on a misunderstanding. I thought I could describe a state; make a map of sorrow. Sorrow, however, turns out to be not a state but a process. It needs not a map, but a history...C.S. Lewis
Mommy loves you Robert, and I am so sorry. I miss you so much!!!
I am writing this blog not just as a way to me to give my sorrow its history, but to maybe help those who are going through the same sad journey. If you are reading this and know someone who needs to know they are not alone in their sorrow, please feel free to share it.
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
Thinking of you today
Today was the first day that I was able to be alone. And by alone I mean no phone, no body talking to me, just me and my thoughts, and wanting to have some quiet time with you. But since I was driving to the doctors, every time I tried to think of either of you, I got very emotional, and started to cry. So needless to say, I turned up the radio and just sang. What else could I do? I know both of you listened to my wonderful radio singing...and you knew how it would calm me down.
Your dad has your sisters looking for pennies now. He found one at the ice cream stand last night. And he went searching around for the other one. Your sisters wanted to know what he was looking for...and I explained it to them. So now they are looking for pennies, if you can spare a few for them.
Your sisters are also asking a lot of questions about you boys today. I'm answering them the best I can, but I know they miss you both, and really want a baby brother. Instead of a funeral for Rango, your sisters want to have a party instead. What do you think about that? If we release balloons, will you catch them for us (and share them with your friends up there? I know you must be playing with Arianna and your other little friends, and your great grandparents!). It does make me a little happier knowing that you two have each other, and have other friends to play with.
I miss you both. I love you both.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment