While this blog first began as a journaling experience after my 2nd trimester loss, it has evolved into a spot where I can express my emotions directly to my boys, who I know are watching over me and their family.
The other end I had in view turns out to have been based on a misunderstanding. I thought I could describe a state; make a map of sorrow. Sorrow, however, turns out to be not a state but a process. It needs not a map, but a history...C.S. Lewis
Mommy loves you Robert, and I am so sorry. I miss you so much!!!
I am writing this blog not just as a way to me to give my sorrow its history, but to maybe help those who are going through the same sad journey. If you are reading this and know someone who needs to know they are not alone in their sorrow, please feel free to share it.
Sunday, April 24, 2011
Missed Firsts...
I was shopping for my girls' Easter baskets in Target last week, and I always get the same thing, bathing suits and summer pjs. And as I went by the infant section, I realized that today should have been Robbie's first Easter. His first Easter basket, his first Easter egg hunt. And while I am grateful for the little baby growing now, it still stung that my baby boy isn't here today. At church, I saw all these new infants with their families, and I started to cry several times. I should also be holding my baby. But my arms were empty.
And to think I thought the next hardest date would be in November. But I am starting to realize that Mother's Day will be hard, and Father's Day will be too. Then will be July 4th weekend--a special day for me and my husband. I just wish there was some way to fast forward through the heartache....
No comments:
Post a Comment