The other end I had in view turns out to have been based on a misunderstanding. I thought I could describe a state; make a map of sorrow. Sorrow, however, turns out to be not a state but a process. It needs not a map, but a history...C.S. Lewis

Mommy loves you Robert, and I am so sorry. I miss you so much!!!

I am writing this blog not just as a way to me to give my sorrow its history, but to maybe help those who are going through the same sad journey. If you are reading this and know someone who needs to know they are not alone in their sorrow, please feel free to share it.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Pictures

So I was browsing through pictures from this summer, without realizing the memories they would stir up.  But its bittersweet.  I want to share some with you.  These were mostly all taken during a road trip Mario and I took from Flanders, NJ to Niagara Falls (Canada side) to Hershey Park.
 This is me and Mario watching the hot air balloon festival with our friends Michelle and Mike.  I was about 7-8 weeks pregnant.
 Me and my college friend Michelle (pregnant with her son Drew)
 Having dinner in Niagara Falls, the first night.  My husband thought this was my baby bump, because my tummy had always been firm and flat.
 In Niagara Falls, 7-8 weeks pregnant.

 Our Summer of 2010 road trip
 On the maid of the mist in Niagara Falls.
 Yup, that's Mario, in the front of the roller coaster.  Since I was pregnant, I was told "absolutely no rides" by my doctor.  We planned this trip before we were pregnant, but I still wanted Mario to have some fun!  So I was the photographer, and he got to ride the rides!
 I wanted ice cream, so we went to the Hershey Studio place where you make your own sundae.  It was cute, but over priced.  This is how Mario got creative.
 Yup, bittersweet.  You can't tell me we weren't excited.
 My lovely baby bump--I took these to send to my mom because I thought I was too big for how far along I was.  It turns out, except for the professional bump shots I had taken (and still need to get), these are the only bump pics I have.  Next time I'll be taking more!  Really, these are my only shots of Robbie...

No comments:

Post a Comment