While this blog first began as a journaling experience after my 2nd trimester loss, it has evolved into a spot where I can express my emotions directly to my boys, who I know are watching over me and their family.
The other end I had in view turns out to have been based on a misunderstanding. I thought I could describe a state; make a map of sorrow. Sorrow, however, turns out to be not a state but a process. It needs not a map, but a history...C.S. Lewis
Mommy loves you Robert, and I am so sorry. I miss you so much!!!
I am writing this blog not just as a way to me to give my sorrow its history, but to maybe help those who are going through the same sad journey. If you are reading this and know someone who needs to know they are not alone in their sorrow, please feel free to share it.
Sunday, May 15, 2011
When One Door Closes....
But I have yet to see what good is coming from Robbie's death. Or what door is going to open next...it doesn't make sense--still.
I also learned this week that my district is non-renewing me for next school year. Ouch. Not completely unexpected, but to think of everything we've been through, and what a support system this school has been during these last 6 months, it was still a bit of a shock when I was called in for the conference on Wednesday.
But, this is where the constant support and people hugging me may have made it worse for me. They kept saying that this shouldn't have happened, but something good would come out of it.
So, here's my train of thought: Right now I would be on maternity leave. In December/January I would have been at work, so any of the situations that did come up while I was out grieving, wouldn't have existed and would have been handled by me immediately. If Robbie was here, I would still be returning to work in the fall in the same district. If Robbie didn't die, I wouldn't be here right now, staring at unemployment and another non-renewal. And I am struggling to see how these last 6 months were meant to have good come from all the events that occurred.
Can't I just get a break? Why is it those who aren't nice and lie always seem to get ahead, and those of us who do the right thing and work hard get trampled? Why was it my baby that died? I just don't understand life. And while I have been through trials throughout my entire life, I think at this point I am just tired and hurt and want things to happen easily just once. Why can't life be fair just once in someone's life?
No comments:
Post a Comment