The other end I had in view turns out to have been based on a misunderstanding. I thought I could describe a state; make a map of sorrow. Sorrow, however, turns out to be not a state but a process. It needs not a map, but a history...C.S. Lewis

Mommy loves you Robert, and I am so sorry. I miss you so much!!!

I am writing this blog not just as a way to me to give my sorrow its history, but to maybe help those who are going through the same sad journey. If you are reading this and know someone who needs to know they are not alone in their sorrow, please feel free to share it.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Introduction

I have been told since we learned of my little baby boy's demise at 21 weeks and 1 day that blogging is a useful tool in the healing process.  While my mother sent me tons of books to read in the early days following our news, there is  not much out there on the process.  What happens after you are told "I'm sorry, there is no heartbeat".  In the frantic hours after, with going to get another ultrasound to verify, and you are still processing that the little baby on the screen was your baby, and wasn't moving.  In fact, he was very still.  But more on his story later.  I first started writing just as a Word document, for my own healing.  But I think sharing it might help others help heal too.  To let other women know that they are not alone!  And in those confusing days that follow, what they might expect, and answer questions as to whether or not this is normal.
I am also grateful to have a great message board that has some wonderful women on it, that listen and show their support.  Please know that while I am simply a woman learning to find my own way through this personal hell, this darkness, I am not a professional.  I am just sharing my random thoughts and experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment